Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Old door and old window

I was over at the creativecrate.blogspot.com and she was talking about a blog called http://haileysteadman.blogspot.com where Hailey purposed an old window so I thought I would share what I did with an old door and window.The window had one of the panes broken out so I added a mirror and in the other part I used an old Mary Engelbreit paper doll calender and created a little vinette , added hooks and screwed it onto the wall. I did my whole bathroom with Mary Engelbreit pictures and paper dolls. The top of the wall I painted a soft butter yellow, the bottom I painted on the beadboard a sage green and the trim black with white polka dots. LOVE IT!!! In the mirror you can see a paper doll collage I made from all the paper dolls from her magazine.

Here is my old door I made into a coat rack. I put 4 hooks on top and 3 hooks in the middle and screwed the door to the wall. You could put some hooks lower for little ones to reach. I didn't even paint the door, it has the chippy white paint it came with. I LOVE IT!!!!

No comments: