Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Husbands Fathers Day Gift


We are super short on money right now and I wanted to do something fun for my sweet hubby so I came up with this. I drew PAPA about the size and thickness I wanted, cut it out on my scroll saw, sanded it, then painted it a chocolate brown color. I printed off some photo's of our granddaughter Addy and decoupaged the pics on it. I had to spray a clear varnish on it so the ink wouldn't bleed  and then cut out the pics. I had to hold the photo's up to the light to know where to place it so as not to cut off faces. It was also hard to hide it when he came into my craft room twice to see what I was working on. Luckily I have a few projects going so I could say I was working on them., which I was while the pics or wood was drying. Our Addy calls him Papa instead of grandpa, she has 3 of them. He was very pleased with it. I also gave him a manicure and a hand massage.

4 comments:

Lori said...

gifts hand made with love are the best...that is a wonderful father's day present!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a darling idea...and made with such love!! You did a beautiful job.
M.L.

★Carol★ said...

That turned out really nice! Handmade gifts are always the best,in my opinion.I've been looking through your past posts, and you are quite the crafty gal! I'll be back often to get inspired!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Anne Lorys said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift! He will treasure it forever. :-)

I hope you're having a wonderful and safe 4th!
Hugs,
Anne