Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Freestyle Embroidery

Here are a few pics of my stitchery I'm almost done with. I have had SO MUCH FUN with this and it has worked up so quickly. I paid for the tutorial at Silver Bella but I don't like doing all the types of stitches she shows. If you want to learn embroidery stitches, it is so worth paying for the tutorial videos she shows. Check her e-zines out here

http://www.paperbellastudio.com/category_14/E-Workshops.htm

I drew out my idea on a piece of paper with just the scrolly vine thingy and the saying I wanted. It's a quote from an incredible speaker,  Chad Hymas. He said "This life was never about you". Then everything else just came along from stuff I already had, like the bird cut from felt etc. I just kept adding things that seemed right to put in. I made a nest from some gold tinsel I had and two "eggs" from rhinestones I had. I hot glued it instead of sewing it. I have a picture I just put on fabric of Jesus washing someones feet that I'm going to sew on and then finish with little bits. I'll show you when I get it done. I have some others on paper of different themes, like The Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, etc, that I'll show you when I get them done. If you are wanting to try this and have been afraid to start, jump in and you will see how easy and fun this really is.
On my post about the lids with the pics on them, I was asked what kind of lids I was saving. I have saved the canning jar lids from our bottled fruit. In the tutorial she used juice lids. Thanx for stopping by. See ya soon.

5 comments:

Honey Lamb and I said...

How funny that you just did this!! I did too and posted it on my blog a couple of days ago. I did follow all her stitches because I am just now learning how to embroider. I love yours! It looks beautiful! ~Shelley

Jenn said...

I LOVE it! There is something about stitching that makes it look so personalized.
Have a beautiful day!
Jenn

Honey Lamb and I said...

lol!! You can't out do me I have been stalking you on your blog for a loooong time!!!lol!! ya that box is weird and cool!! LOVE you too my new BFF lol!!!!~Shelley

btw I am the true stalker with two comments on this post!!! lol!

Jennifer Juniper said...

This turned out so great - it's the perfect handmade touch. :)

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

I love your stitchery with the bird and hearts. Sew cute! Good luck in my give away!