Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Coffee Filter Flowers

I'm going to try to do a tutorial on how I made the cupcake liner flowers for my wreath but I'm going to do it with coffee filters. First are your supplies...Coffee filters, about 19 gauge wire,and needle nose pliers.
Next I took about 12 filters and  keeping them together turn them inside out.


Then I poked my finger in the middle and gathered them together, like this...

Then I wrapped a piece of wire, about 8 or 10 inches long, around the bottom... using the pliers to twist and  tighten it. Then very carefully I separate each layer. It might tear on you like mine did and since it was a big tear I tore part of it off but left the rest and you really couldn't tell.



 
This is the tear.Then I pushed it all up and then kind of fluffed it out. You can use the brown one's, (I LOVE the look of those) or you can mix some paint in water, put it in a squirt bottle and spray it after or before you put it together, for different colors. The cupcake liners I used 6 and they were a little tougher to work with, because the were waxy and thicker. Just be patient and they'll come together. There fun to do once you get the hang of it.

2 comments:

Stefunkc said...

Thank you thank you thank you!! I hope I feel good enough in time to make this by Sunday. If not I'll go ahead and make it and carefully store it for next year. I can't wait!

Just Joany said...

I must admit, at the beginning of this post, I had my doubts. But these are soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing.

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights